Unanswered: TRIM and FORMAT doesnt work

What would cause a PC to not recognize TRIM and FORMAT?

We have a PC that runs Windows 2000, with Access 2000 and Access 97 installed. Both of our computers, his and mine have the same service packs (the latest) and the same software. However, I run all of our databases fine but the ones with special modules dont run on his. The only 2 errors I have encounter so far are TRIM and FORMAT, it errors out saying COMPILE error.

Is there something I can do that will fix this. Like I said before, we have both gone to WindowsUpdate and OfficeUpdate and update all of our software to the exact same service packs.

Is it just a featre that is unchecked or is there something else i am missing?

Re: TRIM and FORMAT doesnt work

Originally posted by tsyscps
    What would cause a PC to not recognize TRIM and FORMAT?

We have a PC that runs Windows 2000, with Access 2000 and Access 97 installed. Both of our computers, his and mine have the same service packs (the latest) and the same software. However, I run all of our databases fine but the ones with special modules dont run on his. The only 2 errors I have encounter so far are TRIM and FORMAT, it errors out saying COMPILE error.

Is there something I can do that will fix this. Like I said before, we have both gone to WindowsUpdate and OfficeUpdate and update all of our software to the exact same service packs.

Is it just a featre that is unchecked or is there something else i am missing?
    you need to check the code libaries that you have on your pc verses his.
    go to tools/references in any modual that you have created and compare those lists. Id almost be willing to bet that he is missing one of those reference libaries.
    Jim

It is, how do I replace it. The one missing is:

Visual InterDev Html Editor Package 1.0 Type library

Originally posted by tsyscps
    It is, how do I replace it. The one missing is:

Visual InterDev Html Editor Package 1.0 Type library
    if it says missing next to the name then the only way that I know how to replace it, and the easiest way would be to do a full re install, making sure to select everything. The harder way would be for you to search your machine for that file note all the locations that you have found it and place it in all of those places on his pc. Eather way should do it.
    Regards
    Jim

this is MDAC problem. You have to have the same or newer MDAC on PC where you run your app as on PC where you develop your APP.

Go to www.microsoft.com/data and download newest MDAC and JET (separate download).... install it on all PCs. Maybe you will have to create new MDB and import all forms, queires from the old one (I had to do it sometimes).

it should fix it

jiri