Unanswered: SQL Server does not exist or access denied - SQL 7.0

Hi!

I try to register a new SQL Server via Enterprise Manager in SQL Server 7.0 and when I attempt to do this, I receive the following error message:
    "SQL Server does not exist or access denied"

I can to register a remote SQL Server, but I cannot register a local server.

I am using Windows XP Professional and SQL Server Desktop Edition.

Any help on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Loas

Maybe a stupid question but are you sure you have installed a local version? I recently installed SQL Server 2k on my WinXP laptop and I needed SQL Server Personal Edition to get a local database... the standard cd only gave me client connectivity tools.
    Frettmaestro
    "Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write it should be hard to understand!"

Re: SQL Server does not exist or access denied - SQL 7.0

Some things to consider and / or check may include:

Are you able to use Query Analyzer to connect locally? Has it been verified that the Sql Service is running? What type of connection is being used? Is server security configured for the connection being used? {More detatiled information (including what has been attempted, etc.), makes it easier to provide more useful / helpful feedback.}

SQL Server does not exist or access denied **(Solution)**

Hi guys!

I discover what I was doing wrong.

During the instalation, SQL Server ask what do you want in Service Settings. (see image below).

Use the Local System Account must be choose if you are using Windows XP Professional.

http://www.patroni.brturbo.com/imagens/sql.gif

Thanks for your help.

Try the solution described in TechieChok | Remote access to SQL Server instance.

This user name & password issues, you should give correct uname&pw when registration sql server and must be select win mode or mix mode of sql server.

Quote Originally Posted by sittsen View Post
    The page has been moved to Remote Access to SQL Server Instance | TechieChok