Unhappy Unanswered: java.exe error after 8i installation

hi experts,
    can any one of this forum help me how to proceed once the 8i installtion(P4 xp home edition) over..
    info like what tools like enterpise manager,dba pack,net8 assistance because i could not connect any database which i created manually.. any documentation on this also helps a lot....

problem:2

i was having problem jrew.exe before but after installing JRE2 and tried i worked out i abled to install sucessfully also but suddenly whenever i start my laptop it gives java.exe but allows me to access the all programs
    pls advice me how erradicate this java.exe
    thanks in advance
    viji
    Last edited by vijisri; 01-14-03 at 08:05.

I have no idea what exactly it is you want, do you want to connect to your database?
    Easiest way is to use SQL*Plus (from your Start menu, or in DOS). But you must be sure you have the database and listener running, and the database is in tnsnames.ora.

Please let me know if you have trouble with this.
    Ruud Schilders
    -----------------
    Oracle DBA
    e-mail : ruud@schilders.it
    URL : www.schilders.it
    Twitter : www.twitter.com/ruudschilders

help need to remove old db info

hi,
    thanks a lot..
    but when i was configuring had some problem so i deinstall the oracle and now trying to re-install it again...
    while now re-installing it does't create sample db but tring to migrate the old databases which has been created in the old installation process..but i tried removing registry info(hkey_local_machine) but still give that old databases info ... i couldnot trace out from where theses info is been traced out... can you tell me how to remove those old databases info and get start with fresh installation setup...
    thanks a lot..

Smile

To clean up previous Oracle installation from Windows machine, the registry of the one place to go. C:\>Program Files\Oracle is the other toghter with the ORACLE_HOME.

Refer to This procedure for the complete steps to do that. Sorry, not in the mood to cut&paste today...

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
    OCP - DBA

does anyone know how to perform the same task in unix? I want to deinstall all components, I mean everything, from Oracle8i. Is there a document outlining the steps for unix?