Angry Unanswered: Access security and mdw's over networks.

Ok, I'm one of the lucky multitudes having issues with Access security. Currently I have developed a database that is located on a share drive. To use it I want those in my organization to use a specific .mdw file that is also located on the share drive. The best option I have seen for doing this is using the command line option /wrkgrp to point them to the specified .mdw file. However, because I have to use the command "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\msaccess.exe" in the command line and I am simply forwarding them a copy of the shortcut I created on my machine, it tries to point them to my machine to find the msaccess.exe file. I have also tried creating the shortcut on the share drive but the same problem occurs.

Is there anything that I can do to solve this short of manually creating a shortcut on each users desktop? I would really like to be able to just create one shortcut on the share drive that they could then copy to their desktops, but so far the above issue has stopped me. HELP!

If your file-locations look like:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\msaccess.exe
    f:\apps\ourDb\ourDb.mdb 'your database
    f:\apps\ourDb\security\ourDb.mdw 'your workgroup file

Your shortcut would then look like:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" "f:\apps\ourDb\ourDb.mdb" /wrkgrp "f:\apps\ourDb\security\ourDb.mdw"

This normally works for me.

hth