Arrow Unanswered: Oracel SQL Loader

Hi,
    i have simple problem , may be some might have done that easily, well that is ,

i am imprting data from text file into Oralce using SQL Loader , and the problem is i have about 30,000 records , records are delimited , one recoed is large enough to cover three,foue lines in notepad , there are null calues as well in some fields , the SQL Loader finish the record whe found a "line feed" infact it should end the record when found the "#" which is record end delimeter.

in simple words is it possible to put a record in multiple lines using the record delimeter.

i will be greatful if some one out there could help me out.

Hi,

well folks if anyone of ever happened to be in this situation , just do this

in your control file
    LOAD DATA
    INFILE "filename" "ste 'put the delimeter here for record end' "

your through with this problem.

or can conatc me as i have donr lot of work on SQL Loader

Re: Oracel SQL Loader

Originally posted by msaleemh
    Hi,
    i have simple problem , may be some might have done that easily, well that is ,

i am imprting data from text file into Oralce using SQL Loader , and the problem is i have about 30,000 records , records are delimited , one recoed is large enough to cover three,foue lines in notepad , there are null calues as well in some fields , the SQL Loader finish the record whe found a "line feed" infact it should end the record when found the "#" which is record end delimeter.

in simple words is it possible to put a record in multiple lines using the record delimeter.

i will be greatful if some one out there could help me out.
    Hi,
    if a record appears in 3 or 4 lines in notepad, it does not mean that
    the record actually spans 3 lines.
    however loading data using a record delimiter is possible using
    Pro*C.
    nn