Unhappy Unanswered: Websphere Datasource to DB2 Connect

I'm trying to connect a Websphere Application Server 4.0.4 (on a NT machine) to a DB2 7 Database (on OS/390) using DB2 Connect (on a NT machine). First i will explain what i have done sofar and then what kind of errors i get.

In my WebSphere Server i've created a JDBC Provider using the com.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2ConnectionPoolDatasource.

In my Provider i've created a Datasource with the following properties:
    databaseName = (my database name)
    serverName = (my db2 connect machine name)
    user = (username)
    password = (password)

On my DB2 Connect machine i've used the 'usejdbc2.bat' to enable the JDBC 2.0 Drivers.

When i click the 'test connection' button on my Websphere Server, it will give me a 'Error opening Socket' Error.

When i check my DB2 Connect machine i get the following error in db2jds.exe:

The instruction at "0x0040688e" referenced memory at "0x0000001". The memory could not be read.

After this point my DB2 Connect stops working and the only solution is to reboot the machine.

However, if i use JDBC 1.x Drivers and make a 'normal' connection using the DriverManager.getConnection(url,user,pass). Where url = jdbc:db2://db2connect_machine_name/database_name. I can get a connection to my DB2 database system. So this tells me that my configuration of DB2 Connect is correct.

I'm kind of lost on what to do next, except to post here and hope someone has any clues.

Regards,
    Nicky

First error "ERROR OPENING SOCKETS" is because your
    DB2JDBC APPLET SERVER CONTROLCENTER service is not started.Also,for Websphere
    we always start DB2 Security Server service.
    Maybe it isn't any kind of help for Your environment.
    Z.

Well, the JDBC Appler Server Control Center wasn't started. But after starting it, it still doesn't work. Instead of the error in the 'db2jds.exe' i now get a similiar error in 'db2ccs.exe'.

Originally posted by zkajfez
    First error "ERROR OPENING SOCKETS" is because your
    DB2JDBC APPLET SERVER CONTROLCENTER service is not started.Also,for Websphere
    we always start DB2 Security Server service.
    Maybe it isn't any kind of help for Your environment.
    Z.