Question Unanswered: attaching sql 2000 db with enterprse manager

When I upgrade from a sql 7 db to a sql 2000 db, everything goes well. I can also detach the 2000 db with sql 2000 enterprise manager. But when I want to attach the db again to an other sql 2000 server my loginnames disappear when i look at my users. This is because there are not yet any loginnames under the other sql 2000 server. What can I do to get my loginnames also under my usernames at the database to be attached. Else I cannot login in. Tell Me, please!

thanks beforehand.

\greetings ThePercival

Re: attaching sql 2000 db with enterprse manager

You can use the Transfer Logins DTS function that comes with SQL2K, but that will only transfer the logins and not their associated permissions.

You also have to BCP the syslogins table and then use sp_resolve_logins to restore the associated permissions. See SQL BOL on sp_resolve_logins

Regards,

Hugh Scott

Originally posted by thepercival
    When I upgrade from a sql 7 db to a sql 2000 db, everything goes well. I can also detach the 2000 db with sql 2000 enterprise manager. But when I want to attach the db again to an other sql 2000 server my loginnames disappear when i look at my users. This is because there are not yet any loginnames under the other sql 2000 server. What can I do to get my loginnames also under my usernames at the database to be attached. Else I cannot login in. Tell Me, please!

thanks beforehand.

\greetings ThePercival