Unanswered: Using MySQL-API with Visual C++ .Net

Hi!

I'm trying to connect to MySQL using the C++ API for VC6.0 (alternatively using the API for Borland C++).

While compiling a nearly blank solution (only headerfiles are included and the <mysql++.h>) an error occures.

This are the 3 messages:

1)
    c:\mysql++\include\mysql\mysql_com.h(101): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'fd'
    2)
    c:\mysql++\include\mysql\mysql_com.h(101): error C2501: 'st_net:OCKET' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
    3)
    c:\mysql++\include\mysql\mysql_com.h(101): error C2501: 'st_net::fd' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

I do not know what to do ;-(

Would be nice if anyone could help me solving that problem or tell me how to use the C++-API in Windows

Thank's

Carsten

MySQL & C++.NET

Hello dear
    You can simply use free ready to use MySQL .NET component written in C#. Do you urge to have C++.NET source?

Try to include <winsock.h>, cause your compilation obviously fails because of lack of definition of "SOCKET".
    You also required to add to Project->Settings->Link->Object/Library Modules WS2_32.LIB, LIBCMT.LIB (not sure for .NET, but 100% for VC6.0)

Good Luck