Unanswered: Creating multiple versions of Bind for a single program name

I am trying to cover the situation where a program exists in production (with an associated DB2 Bind) and there is a need to introduce a new version of the program (with the same name) and have both new an old programs being able to be run.

If different users do the PREP statement for each version then multiple BIND entries are maintained.

Is there some way for the output of a single PREP to be used to create multiple BIND entries?

I tried reading the manual, but I sufferred brain overload after page 10!!!!

I am using UDB 7.2 on an NT environment

Re: Creating multiple versions of Bind for a single program name

This can be done in V8 but don't think can be done in V7.2

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by JCuthber
    I am trying to cover the situation where a program exists in production (with an associated DB2 Bind) and there is a need to introduce a new version of the program (with the same name) and have both new an old programs being able to be run.

If different users do the PREP statement for each version then multiple BIND entries are maintained.

Is there some way for the output of a single PREP to be used to create multiple BIND entries?

I tried reading the manual, but I sufferred brain overload after page 10!!!!

I am using UDB 7.2 on an NT environment