Unanswered: Export table/query to xls

Probably a trivial answer. My Access 97 doesn't have the option to export to xls format! I made sure that everything from the Office CD is installed but still don't have the option. Right now I do it the long way, I export into csv which then I get into Excel. But I'm pretty sure that any
    Access table/query should be exportable directly to xls format. Any idea anybody? Thanks

Hi there,

You can use ODBC in excel to link your spreadsheet to the relevant table.

Rael

It's weird, Access97 has that option by default.

why don't you COPY-PASTE whole table/query (or columns you need) to blank excel sheet?

if you need VBA function, look at DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet or DoCmd.OutputTo

cus

jiri

All good ideas. I didn't say I can't export it, there is surely more ways to do it. ODBC, copy/paste, .csv format, etc. I just wonder why I don't have the option to do save/open(!) xls. I can even import an existing xls spreadsheet before I convert it to csv file.

CORRECTION

Typing too fast. I CAN'T EVEN open xls spreadsheet before I convert it to csv (that's what I meant)

I assume you can not import from Excel either? I occassionally lose my XLS driver.

Make sure that in the install, Add/Remove, Data Access-> Click Change Option, DataBase driver -> Click Change Option, that all types of drivers are selected.

If this doesnt work, try importing any XLS file into Access and check see what error it gives you.

Make a MACRO and use the command OUTPUT TO

This will give you a list of options. you can choose TABLE and then choose the TABLE and then choose the FORMAT like Excel.

On your form, just make a button and tell it to run the macro when you click it and it should open EXCEL.

tscyps, not a bad idea if I want to export only from one app, however, I'm having the problem accross the board with any Access DB. Even worse, I've noticed that some of my users lost the feature as well... Thanks anyway!

Create a macro in every database. Make it for each OUTPUTTED report/table and you shoudlnt have a problem. the OUTPUT TO is available in every Access version and to all users. The only reason it shouldnt work is if someone didnt have excel.