Red face Unanswered: XP and Paradox 7

Hi
    I'm new to XP and tried installling Paradox 7 on it the other night and keep getting this error message...

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Internal Error: -4
    You need at least 1144KB to copy the installation files to C:\DOCUME~1\LOCALS~1\Temp. Free some space or set the TEMP environment variable to another drive. Unable to start installation.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

now I think this must be some problem with XP but I'm really lost on how to fix this, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
    -The enemy of good is better...

I had this exact problem when installing onto XP.

You just need set the paradox SETUP.EXE to run in WIN 95 compatible mode and it will then install fine.

thank you

That worked great! I just right clicked on the setup.exe file and set it to run in Windows 95 mode and it installed just fine. Thanks you very much.
    -The enemy of good is better...

Re: thank you

Originally posted by supernewb
    That worked great! I just right clicked on the setup.exe file and set it to run in Windows 95 mode and it installed just fine. Thanks you very much.
    Are you running both Windows95 and 2000 on the same drive? I'm getting the same error message but on a Windows2000 system. I'm a lost myself and I don't have the option of right clicking. Please advise.

on a w2k machine you need a file called apcompat.exe that you can use to "load" the setup.exe in win95, etc., mode. I believe the file is located on the install disk (of windows 2000)

Help with upgrading win98 with paradox 4 on it to xp

I have a machine running win98 with an old Paradox 4 version, works fine. I'm going to upgrade to XP...any ideas what will go wrong? This is crucial...will I need a reinstall ..willl it work???? Thank you in advance!

Michael

Re: Help with upgrading win98 with paradox 4 on it to xp

Originally posted by mcse2kpro
    I have a machine running win98 with an old Paradox 4 version, works fine. I'm going to upgrade to XP...any ideas what will go wrong? This is crucial...will I need a reinstall ..willl it work???? Thank you in advance!

Michael
    we tried the same thing and have had nothing but trouble we are now waiting for the new Virtual PC to come out for the rescue

Re: thank you

Originally posted by supernewb
    COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE TO FIND THE SETUP.EXE FILE? i'M LOST. tHANKS