Unanswered: MySQL listening for 127.0.0.1:3036?

I've installed MySQL on RH Linux 7.2, and I've got it running and have created a test db, a .jsp page that instantiates a java .class file to access the db. Looks like the code works correctly, but I'm just not getting a connection to the db. I use the following code:

Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstan ce();
    Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/javatest?user=javauser@localhost&password=javadude &autoReconnect=true");

When I look at netstat -plutn, it only shows mysql listening to 0.0.0.0:3036. Seems like it should be listening to 127.0.0.1:3036 and I'm thinking that's it's not and that's why I'm not getting a connection to the db.

So.....can someone tell me if there's another way to see if MySQL is listening to 127.0.0.1? If it's not and it should be, can you tell me how to configure MySQL to listen to 127.0.0.1? Note: I am unable to find a my.cnf file on my computer, so I don't know if something had a problem during install, but the db seems to be working fine and I can create users/tables/enter data/etc....

Thanks,
    Scott

Re: MySQL listening for 127.0.0.1:3036?

NOTE: I mistyped: should be port 3306..... Scott

Originally posted by squeen
    I've installed MySQL on RH Linux 7.2, and I've got it running and have created a test db, a .jsp page that instantiates a java .class file to access the db. Looks like the code works correctly, but I'm just not getting a connection to the db. I use the following code:

Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstan ce();
    Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/javatest?user=javauser@localhost&password=javadude &autoReconnect=true");

When I look at netstat -plutn, it only shows mysql listening to 0.0.0.0:3036. Seems like it should be listening to 127.0.0.1:3036 and I'm thinking that's it's not and that's why I'm not getting a connection to the db.

So.....can someone tell me if there's another way to see if MySQL is listening to 127.0.0.1? If it's not and it should be, can you tell me how to configure MySQL to listen to 127.0.0.1? Note: I am unable to find a my.cnf file on my computer, so I don't know if something had a problem during install, but the db seems to be working fine and I can create users/tables/enter data/etc....

Thanks,
    Scott