Unanswered: Database problem

I am creating a three table database. Our Company Info, orders, and order details.. I have created the tables with all the needed columnss in it. I have created a switchboard that works. I am working on the form that acts as an electronic data entry sheet for orders. I select form wizard, then cokimnar, and then select info from each table that I want in the form. I keep getting a type mismatch error in expression error. So I figure I creat a subform for the order details.....it works except that when I put a command button to print the current form, it prints everything except it leaves out the subform. I tried to make a report to do this..but could never get the report to show all the information correctly nor could get it to print just the one sheet....it would print out the whole report (ie. 10 pages).

I would also like to figure out a way to make the form pull the Our company info into the form as a letterhead.
    If anyone has any clues as to achieve this, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Re: Database problem

Okay, if I understand correctly this you have a form that contains the company details, the orders and a subform for the order details.

Am I correct to assume that the company table has a Primary key which also exists as a foreign key in the orders table and the Orders table primary key also exists as a foreign key in the order details table.

Create a query based on orders and company, taking everything from the company table except the PK and everything from the orders table. Use this as the basis for your form and report.

Use the same method in for your forms and create a report with a subreport.

If it is of any help I can send you a mock up of this db.

Originally posted by jmonroe
    I am creating a three table database. Our Company Info, orders, and order details.. I have created the tables with all the needed columnss in it. I have created a switchboard that works. I am working on the form that acts as an electronic data entry sheet for orders. I select form wizard, then cokimnar, and then select info from each table that I want in the form. I keep getting a type mismatch error in expression error. So I figure I creat a subform for the order details.....it works except that when I put a command button to print the current form, it prints everything except it leaves out the subform. I tried to make a report to do this..but could never get the report to show all the information correctly nor could get it to print just the one sheet....it would print out the whole report (ie. 10 pages).

I would also like to figure out a way to make the form pull the Our company info into the form as a letterhead.
    If anyone has any clues as to achieve this, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks.
    Mona

database Problems

Hey Mona. I kind of understand what you are saying. I have a table with say my own company information. It wont link to anything other than to be a heading for the form that gets printed out. The other table is for all of the vendor and customer company information and phone numbers. The third table is order details. Now I make a form based on the three but to no avail the subform is not getting printed nor saved to the form. It saves the details in the table Order details...but when I revert back to that form record....the order details section is blank. I need it to stay on the form as it will be like an electronic doc that got created by the user. You can send me the db you are talking about if you wish.

Or better yet if you wish to email me jeremymonroe@automatictelecom.net with your contact info and I can call and ask you it via telephone since that would be easier. Thanks.