Angry Unanswered: Date Range & Count usage problems in Query

I have a query set up to return information from a table based on the DatePart i.e., DatePart("yyyy",[ReferenceDate]). The query also counts the number of orders during this year and Sums the Sales Totals This query works just fine. (it returns a total of 27 orders, which is correct)

I also set up another query to use a Date Range, i.e., Between [BeginningDate] And [EndingDate]. Just to make sure everything was working correctly, I entered a starting date of 01/01/2002 and a ending date of 12/31/2002. When I compared the results to the above YEAR DatePart query they were very different.

For one, the Count of orders was messed up (the orders were not "Counted") with the Date Range query and the calculated Totals were different.

It seems very simple and straightforward, but something is awry here.

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Thumbs up Re: Date Range & Count usage problems in Query

PROBLEM SOLVED - On the Query using the Date Range, I needed to use the WHERE statement in the Total row, instead of GROUP BY.

------------------------------------------------

Thanks people.....

Originally posted by cdakjat
    I have a query set up to return information from a table based on the DatePart i.e., DatePart("yyyy",[ReferenceDate]). The query also counts the number of orders during this year and Sums the Sales Totals This query works just fine. (it returns a total of 27 orders, which is correct)

I also set up another query to use a Date Range, i.e., Between [BeginningDate] And [EndingDate]. Just to make sure everything was working correctly, I entered a starting date of 01/01/2002 and a ending date of 12/31/2002. When I compared the results to the above YEAR DatePart query they were very different.

For one, the Count of orders was messed up (the orders were not "Counted") with the Date Range query and the calculated Totals were different.

It seems very simple and straightforward, but something is awry here.

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!