Arrow Unanswered: DB2 EEE and db2nodes.cfg

Hello All,

No. of hosts ==> 3

According to EEE documentation I can have 4 db partitions for my four hosts and db2nodes.cfg file will be as(for this example):

0 host1
    1 host2
    2 host3

But if I have two database partitions on same host in the same instance then it will change as:

0 host1 0
    1 host1 1
    2 host2 0
    3 host2 1
    4 host3 0
    5 host3 1

Now my question is what if I have two(or more) instances per host and 2 partitions per instance, how will the db2nodes.cfg file will be? one below or....

0 host1 0
    1 host1 1
    2 host1 2
    3 host1 3
    .... and so on for host2 and host3?

and what about the etc/services file ? Assuming test1 and test2 are instance names:

DB2_test1 3000
    DB2_test1_END 3001

DB2_test2 4000
    DB2_tets2_END 4001

Thanks in advance.

dollar

Re: DB2 EEE and db2nodes.cfg

I think your /etc/services is OK ...

db2nodes.cfg is located in the sqllib directory of the instance owner and so if you have two instances, you will have two db2nodes.cfg

Have I made it clear ?

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by dollar489
    Hello All,

No. of hosts ==> 3

According to EEE documentation I can have 4 db partitions for my four hosts and db2nodes.cfg file will be as(for this example):

0 host1
    1 host2
    2 host3

But if I have two database partitions on same host in the same instance then it will change as:

0 host1 0
    1 host1 1
    2 host2 0
    3 host2 1
    4 host3 0
    5 host3 1

Now my question is what if I have two(or more) instances per host and 2 partitions per instance, how will the db2nodes.cfg file will be? one below or....

0 host1 0
    1 host1 1
    2 host1 2
    3 host1 3
    .... and so on for host2 and host3?

and what about the etc/services file ? Assuming test1 and test2 are instance names:

DB2_test1 3000
    DB2_test1_END 3001

DB2_test2 4000
    DB2_tets2_END 4001

Thanks in advance.

dollar

Thanks Sathyaram,

I am aware of the fact that db2nodes.cfg exist on each instance but I not so sure about the entries in that file, as every instance will have the same file(same content).

dollar

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    I think your /etc/services is OK ...

db2nodes.cfg is located in the sqllib directory of the instance owner and so if you have two instances, you will have two db2nodes.cfg

Have I made it clear ?

Cheers

Sathyaram

Every instance 'might' have the same entries in db2nodes.cfg file ... But the contents, when viewed in conjunction with /etc/services is different ... And this is what the database manager looks at ..

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by dollar489
    Thanks Sathyaram,

I am aware of the fact that db2nodes.cfg exist on each instance but I not so sure about the entries in that file, as every instance will have the same file(same content).

dollar

Thanks..

dollar

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Every instance 'might' have the same entries in db2nodes.cfg file ... But the contents, when viewed in conjunction with /etc/services is different ... And this is what the database manager looks at ..

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram