Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    456

    Arrow Unanswered: DB2 EEE and db2nodes.cfg

    Hello All,

    No. of hosts ==> 3

    According to EEE documentation I can have 4 db partitions for my four hosts and db2nodes.cfg file will be as(for this example):

    0 host1
    1 host2
    2 host3

    But if I have two database partitions on same host in the same instance then it will change as:

    0 host1 0
    1 host1 1
    2 host2 0
    3 host2 1
    4 host3 0
    5 host3 1

    Now my question is what if I have two(or more) instances per host and 2 partitions per instance, how will the db2nodes.cfg file will be? one below or....

    0 host1 0
    1 host1 1
    2 host1 2
    3 host1 3
    .... and so on for host2 and host3?

    and what about the etc/services file ? Assuming test1 and test2 are instance names:

    DB2_test1 3000
    DB2_test1_END 3001

    DB2_test2 4000
    DB2_tets2_END 4001

    Thanks in advance.

    dollar

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: DB2 EEE and db2nodes.cfg

    I think your /etc/services is OK ...

    db2nodes.cfg is located in the sqllib directory of the instance owner and so if you have two instances, you will have two db2nodes.cfg

    Have I made it clear ?

    Cheers

    Sathyaram

    Originally posted by dollar489
    Hello All,

    No. of hosts ==> 3

    According to EEE documentation I can have 4 db partitions for my four hosts and db2nodes.cfg file will be as(for this example):

    0 host1
    1 host2
    2 host3

    But if I have two database partitions on same host in the same instance then it will change as:

    0 host1 0
    1 host1 1
    2 host2 0
    3 host2 1
    4 host3 0
    5 host3 1

    Now my question is what if I have two(or more) instances per host and 2 partitions per instance, how will the db2nodes.cfg file will be? one below or....

    0 host1 0
    1 host1 1
    2 host1 2
    3 host1 3
    .... and so on for host2 and host3?

    and what about the etc/services file ? Assuming test1 and test2 are instance names:

    DB2_test1 3000
    DB2_test1_END 3001

    DB2_test2 4000
    DB2_tets2_END 4001

    Thanks in advance.

    dollar

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    456

    Re: DB2 EEE and db2nodes.cfg

    Thanks Sathyaram,

    I am aware of the fact that db2nodes.cfg exist on each instance but I not so sure about the entries in that file, as every instance will have the same file(same content).

    dollar

    Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    I think your /etc/services is OK ...

    db2nodes.cfg is located in the sqllib directory of the instance owner and so if you have two instances, you will have two db2nodes.cfg

    Have I made it clear ?

    Cheers

    Sathyaram

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: DB2 EEE and db2nodes.cfg

    Every instance 'might' have the same entries in db2nodes.cfg file ... But the contents, when viewed in conjunction with /etc/services is different ... And this is what the database manager looks at ..

    HTH

    Cheers

    Sathyaram



    Originally posted by dollar489
    Thanks Sathyaram,

    I am aware of the fact that db2nodes.cfg exist on each instance but I not so sure about the entries in that file, as every instance will have the same file(same content).

    dollar

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    456

    Re: DB2 EEE and db2nodes.cfg

    Thanks..

    dollar

    Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Every instance 'might' have the same entries in db2nodes.cfg file ... But the contents, when viewed in conjunction with /etc/services is different ... And this is what the database manager looks at ..

    HTH

    Cheers

    Sathyaram

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •