Unhappy Unanswered: Pentium 4, XP PRO and oracle 9i 3 evils

I want view of an expert from my problem. I have P4 256 MB Ram and XP pro installed. I have many problems:
    1) Oracle Installer vanishes just when I click next in initial form where deinstalled products option is given. On running setup.exe from install in temp folder, it displays message error in writing to temp Folder. Jrew.exe file is not found in bin/jrew.exe. In general(using installer), it gives message make sure that temp folder has atleast 25 MB space. Please tell me how to increase temp space.

2) My friend has installed 9i on P4 with XP PRO. But developer 6i installed with one error formsserver error 60.
    Moreover, it is not connecting to database.
    Help me

Unhappy Re: Pentium 4, XP PRO and oracle 9i 3 evils

Originally posted by nav_mj@yahoo.co
    I want view of an expert from my problem. I have P4 256 MB Ram and XP pro installed. I have many problems:
    1) Oracle Installer vanishes just when I click next in initial form where deinstalled products option is given. On running setup.exe from install in temp folder, it displays message error in writing to temp Folder. Jrew.exe file is not found in bin/jrew.exe. In general(using installer), it gives message make sure that temp folder has atleast 25 MB space. Please tell me how to increase temp space.

2) My friend has installed 9i on P4 with XP PRO. But developer 6i installed with one error formsserver error 60.
    Help me
    i'M in the same way

Re: Pentium 4, XP PRO and oracle 9i 3 evils

Originally posted by nav_mj@yahoo.co

Help me
    Maybe you are in wrong place.
    Go to System in Control Panel and check for TMP and TEMP enviromental variables. That give you the right place where the temporary folder realy is.

See link below for the solution for the P4-problem

http://www.indiana.edu/~dms/database...iv_bug_fix.htm

With forms I can't help you.