Unanswered: ORACLE 9i ODBC Error

I have just installed ORACLE 9i (Release 2 (9.2.0.1.0)) on a Windows2000 server and all is working fine except for the ODBC drivers.

When setting up a system DSN for my data source using the 'ORACLE in OraHome92' driver I receive the following error:

Unable to Connect
    SQLState=IM004
    error:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed.

If anyone has come acroos anything similar I would appricate any help.

Re: ORACLE 9i ODBC Error

Originally posted by pwill53
    I have just installed ORACLE 9i (Release 2 (9.2.0.1.0)) on a Windows2000 server and all is working fine except for the ODBC drivers.

When setting up a system DSN for my data source using the 'ORACLE in OraHome92' driver I receive the following error:

Unable to Connect
    SQLState=IM004
    error:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed.

If anyone has come acroos anything similar I would appricate any help.
    Yeah, have this problem too, noticed that by making the user a local admin on the W2k box solved the problem, not a great idea in a all cases. but if you find any more info please pass it on.

Thumbs up

Hi,

Make sure that the 9.2 oracle home/bin directory is in the system path statement. Also make sure that the user that is logged in has permission to read and execute on that directory.
    SATHISH .

Thumbs up re: ORACLE 9i ODBC Error

Thanks satish_ct, I eventually found an article on www.Metalink.oracle.com, that basically expands on what you said.

Cheers