Question Unanswered: Question on number of users

I'm working with a client that experiencing database corruption repeatedly (many times during the day). The office has 13 workstations and the server. Any one, or all, of the workstations could be in the database at the same time. The technician for the office is saying that the corruption is due to the number of users in the database. I can't find any documentation that says that there is a user limit for access and 13 users sounds awfully low.

Is there a user limit that would effect the stability of the db? If so, what is it and is there any documentation for it?

Re: Question on number of users

13 is not too many. What type of corruption is taking place?

3343 errors. Easily fixed with jetcomp but not convenient for the customer. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by dchiz00
    3343 errors. Easily fixed with jetcomp but not convenient for the customer. Thanks for the info.
    Since it is multiuser, this could be it (one of the things that cause a 3343): A commit is pending from another user, but the lock file cannot be found.

you should look at LOCKS in the system on the machine, where you have MDB. By LOCKS I don't mean any MS Access stuff, it is pure system problem.

I really recommend to use Win2k Server. It has much better LOCKS that old WinNT.

check this for little info about LOCKS

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...stic_locks.asp

jiri