Unanswered: UDB - Oracle feature mapping ??

We are planning to migrate our database from Oracle to UDB. I am very new to UDB.
    A couple of questions in this regard:
    1. If I install the trial version of UDB enterprise edition on my PC, can a client connect from another PC ?
    2. If yes to #1, then what s/w needs to be installed in the client machine and how to configure that. Like we have sqlnet and sqlplus in Oracle and we configure using tnsnames.ora

Re: UDB - Oracle feature mapping ??

Yes, with enterprise edition on the server , you will be able to access it from a client.

On the client side, you can install a client ... I think Administration client will be the most suitable one in your case or if you are planning to do some application development, like stored procs etc, go in for application development client.

For configuring the client, you need to catalog a node(which creates a reference to the instance) and a database.

db2 catalog tcpip node <nodename> remote <hostname> server <listening port> remote_instance <instance-name>

db2 catalog database <dbname-on-server> as <dbalias> at node <nodename>

Refer command reference for further details...

HTH
    Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by nsuresh
    We are planning to migrate our database from Oracle to UDB. I am very new to UDB.
    A couple of questions in this regard:
    1. If I install the trial version of UDB enterprise edition on my PC, can a client connect from another PC ?
    2. If yes to #1, then what s/w needs to be installed in the client machine and how to configure that. Like we have sqlnet and sqlplus in Oracle and we configure using tnsnames.ora

Re: UDB - Oracle feature mapping ??

www.ibm.com/db2/migration is the IBM's DB2 migration page ..

You can also visit www.redbooks.ibm.com for redbooks.

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram