Arrow Unanswered: Id = 10 Or/and Id = 20

Couple of questions:
    1.)
    Does DB2 evaluate the second expression if first one evaluates to true for expression involving OR?

2.)
    Does DB2 still checks for second expression if first one evaluates to false in AND condition?

dollar

Hi,

>>Does DB2 evaluate the second expression if first one evaluates to true for expression involving OR?

Yes it does evaluate the second expression if first one evaluates to true for expression involving OR.

>>Does DB2 still checks for second expression if first one evaluates to false in AND condition?

Yes it checks both even if first returns false in AND operation.
    Prashant

Thanks Dahalkar,

Can you point me to the reference material where you found this concept, we are working on imporving the query performance in our company so a concrete proof is required...

Thanks

dollar

Originally posted by dahalkar_p
    Hi,

>>Does DB2 evaluate the second expression if first one evaluates to true for expression involving OR?

Yes it does evaluate the second expression if first one evaluates to true for expression involving OR.

>>Does DB2 still checks for second expression if first one evaluates to false in AND condition?

Yes it checks both even if first returns false in AND operation.

Hi Dollar,

Sorry to say that i have not gone through any reference material.

But this is a practical experience, just fire a query of that sort and you will get the solution.

Anyway if i get some reference material , i will let you know

Cheers,
    Prashant