Unanswered: Connection-problems

I have a table containing an ID-field and three text-fields, a form based on this table and a query containing an ID-field and a text-field. Is it posible to (in a textbox in the form) view the value of the text-field from the query for those posts where the ID-field from the query matches the ID-field from the table (the query may sometimes just contain about 10 posts). For those posts with an ID not in the query I want the text-box to be empty.

Hmm, hope you understand though my english sucks=)
    Thanks

/Sebastian
    Sebastian

Re: Connection-problems

Design a query for the form that joins the table with the query on their ID's. The join has to be an outer join showing all the records from the table, even if the corresponding record in the query is absent. Then bind the text-field to the query text-field.

Hope this helps.

Ad Dieleman.

Well, yes it works if I do it that way. But I also wanna be able to store some calculated data in the table. Is there anyway to do it even if I base the table on the query?

/Sebastian
    Sebastian

The query that the form uses is in general updateable, meaning that you can do inserts, updates and deletes in the fields of the query. Make sure that all tables in the query have primary keys and define these primary keys as fields in the query, then most probably the query is updateable.

Ad Dieleman.