Talking Unanswered: Drag and Drop in MS-Access

I would like to copy records from one table to another using the DRAG and DROP method. Is this possible in VBA/Access ?

Many thanks for your reply !

Hugo Muller

If you mean copying by Drag and Drop with the mouse, you can simply select multiple records with the record selector (triangular shape at left hand side of record). Just select what you want in the source table and copy with Ctrl_C.

Go to the bottom of your destination table, select the bottom (new) record, and paste with Ctrl-V.

You can also paste your selection in Excel, or Word, or whatever.

hth

Drag and Dropings

If you want to drag data from, for example, a text box to a text box, you could use ActiveX text boxes. They support Drag and Drop.

J

Re: Drag and Dropings

Originally posted by johncameron
    If you want to drag data from, for example, a text box to a text box, you could use ActiveX text boxes. They support Drag and Drop.

J
    Thanks for your reply. Actually I want to drag data from a listbox to a textbox. Are there also ActiveX listboxes ? Can you give me the name of these activeX files.

Regards, Hugo

Originally posted by marion
    If you mean copying by Drag and Drop with the mouse, you can simply select multiple records with the record selector (triangular shape at left hand side of record). Just select what you want in the source table and copy with Ctrl_C.

Go to the bottom of your destination table, select the bottom (new) record, and paste with Ctrl-V.

You can also paste your selection in Excel, or Word, or whatever.

hth
    Bedankt voor je reactie. Maar ik zoek eigenlijk een makkelijke manier om data van een listbox naar een textbox te kopieeren dmv drag-drop. Mocht je nog suggesties hebben dan hoor ik die graag.

Gr. Hugo

Hi Hugo,

Nice to see another Dutchie on this forum! For the benefit of the other participants I will stick to English, if you don't mind.

Your previous question about an easy way to copy content from a list box into a text box, I do not know an easy drag-and-drop way.

If I select several rows in a multiple-select listbox and press Ctrl-C, I get only σne record ID on the clipboard.

However, if you are willing to use VB, it is of course possible to cycle through all the lines that you selected in the multiple list box, and you can even handle all columns that your list box shows.
    See Access Help on the topics ItemsSelected and ItemData for detailed code samples.

hth

you can use some 'magic' ActiveX component and pay for it tons of money OR you can use Microsoft ListView ActiveX control and Microsoft Forms TextBox ActiveX Control.....

I used ListView ver 6

see attached sample - Access 2k format ....

jiri
    Attached Files Attached Files

Access has nothing built-in to allow dragging and dropping text between controls. There are some third-party tools that may help:

A shareware version of Drag-N-Dropper for MS Access is available at this web site: http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm

Stephen Lebans has an example of a FieldList control that supports drag and drop: http://www.lebans.com/vb_listbox.htm

The Forms Sample database provided by Microsoft has an example called "Simulating Drag-And-Drop Capabilities". You can download the sample database here: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;175066

Hope this helps,
    Peter De Baets
    Peter's Software - Microsoft Access Tools for Developers
    http://www.peterssoftware.com