Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6

    Unanswered: Serious problem occured... 'The search key was not found in any record'

    Yesterday, someone was re-entering data into our database through a form because it disapeered sometime after lunch. After all the information was inputed into the form and the person tried to add it to the table it wouldnt allow her/him to add it because of supposed replication. So they came to me with the problem and I found in the table intself at the very end, the last entry is filled full of "boxes" and a few fields do have the data he/she entered. I tried to delete this line in the table and I got this error, 'The Search Key Was Not Found In Any Record'. I have tried everything I know to remove this but nothing will work, I also dont know exactly what the problem is or what caused this. If anyone has any clue please help me.

    V/R,

    Settite

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    86

    Re: Serious problem occured... 'The search key was not found in any record'

    If possible, make a copy of the database. Then in the copy, user the database compact/repair utility, and see if this resolves your problem.

    Don't try this on the original database, until you've seen it work on the copy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6

    bump

    bump

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15
    Convert to 97 format,

    Compact / Repair.

    Copy table under new name

    Convert to current Access version

    Compact/ Repair

    Try to delete the lines from there, them try to delete from copy of table.

    You might be screwed if it truely was a replication corruption.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    117
    Hey Settite,
    First, I would like to say I'm sorry. I know how much of a pain those records can be. One of our applications has the same problem only it comes form our IIS Server from an ASP page on a website. The only fix I can offer is the following:

    Create an exact copy of your table including all indexes and relationships without the data
    Create a query that includes all records except the infected ones
    Run an append query to copy all records from the new query to the new table
    When complete, delete the original table and rename the new table to the appropriate name

    I have to do this about once a month because we have so many records being inputed through our Intranet. The compact/Repair utility will do nothing for this problem. I actually had to create an automated feature just for this problem. The best advice I can give you is to move your data to either an MSSQL Server or if thats to expensive use MYSQL. Data corruption is alot more minimal. Eventually I hope to have all of our data moved as well.

    Later, Kal

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15
    Not to sound contrary, but try the conversion thing first... we had the same problem and with a call from Microsoft we preformed the conversion trick and it worked. You always want to try the simple things first...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6

    Thank you

    Originally posted by War
    Not to sound contrary, but try the conversion thing first... we had the same problem and with a call from Microsoft we preformed the conversion trick and it worked. You always want to try the simple things first...
    I thank you for this solution War, it did work and it is always smart to try the simple things first, this was the first time I have ran into this problem. I thought of doing this before I posted on here but decided I would ask first. Thank you again and have a good day.

    V/R,

    Settite

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15
    Very Glad I could help

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •