Unanswered: can't correctly setup php 4.03

I'm new to this and I have tried to install PHP manually.
    In the browser I test to see if I can load up a php document

I get the following error

"You are not authorized to view this page
    You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied."

I'm logged in as admin, checked the permissions on php.ini file and it set to Everybody, restart IIS, and the URL is correct but I don't know why I get this error?

if you don't have installed correctly php, he must say you to download the file, and doesn't make any 404 error. I think you must watch out your IIs configuration ...

Or use a real web server as apache and not a bullshit like IIS

Agreed with arfman, it sounds more like a problem with the web server configuration than PHP. If the web server was configured correctly and PHP was not what you should get is just the PHP code being printed out instead of it being parsed and processed.

I've never tried PHP with IIS though, even on a windows box though. If it's not mandatory to run IIS I would recommend trying apache for windows as an alternative if you can't find an answer to the IIS fix.

-b
    (I'm only available at the email address provided in my profile on weekdays, if you have questions or advice, during off hours use AIM). Also any views I provide here or on my website are mine and not representative of any views of my work, family, friends and sometimes even myself.

http://www.bcyde.com

Apache runs stable on Windows for developing PHP applications needs. Using such configuration for quite some time and have had no problems with it.

Can't say anything about PHP on IIS ...
    Yours faithfully,
    Yaroslav Zaremba