Unhappy Unanswered: Reading Dbase files in VB

I have an app we are creating that needs to be able to read DBase files into out VB app. We are currently using Fucnky to do it but there is a problem and tech support at Funcky is NON-EXISTANT!

Our problem is that in the DB file there is a dat field, however sometimes it is blank, and when it is, the VB app shows a date and all blank date records show the same date in the field. Since FUncky wont support their product I need another opion. My DB files can have over 100k records.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dennis

Re: Reading Dbase files in VB

You could use Microsoft Access to import the data from the Dbase files and then design queries and VBA code to clean up your data.

In VB, make a reference to the Microsoft Office x.0 Object library (x=8: Office 97; x=9: Office 2000; x=10: Office XP) and then you can use the Access object model.

Ad Dieleman.

You could use Microsoft Access to import the data from the Dbase files and then design queries and VBA code to clean up your data.

In VB, make a reference to the Microsoft Office x.0 Object library (x=8: Office 97; x=9: Office 2000; x=10: Office XP) and then you can use the Access object model.

Ad Dieleman.

Ad Dieleman.