Thread: DSUM on DATE

Unanswered: DSUM on DATE

It's probably simpler problem than I can explain. Imagine I have a report where I display DSUM of a field in a query. That works fine, now I add a date restriction to the query and suddently I start getting error on my report (even though when I run the query, it shows all the date-restricted data). It seems like the DSUM doesn't work with data restriction in a query, it's just my guess. Anybody has any ideas? Thanks

Re: DSUM on DATE

Originally posted by vojtab
    It's probably simpler problem than I can explain. Imagine I have a report where I display DSUM of a field in a query. That works fine, now I add a date restriction to the query and suddently I start getting error on my report (even though when I run the query, it shows all the date-restricted data). It seems like the DSUM doesn't work with data restriction in a query, it's just my guess. Anybody has any ideas? Thanks
    Maybe if there are not any records returned it is throwing an error.

try Nz(DSUM(...), 0)

Nope, not the case, I have plenty of records in there...

Originally posted by vojtab
    Nope, not the case, I have plenty of records in there...
    What is the error?

#Error, just found out that when I run the report, it doesn't prompt me for a date!
    To clarify. I run the query qry:ABC, enter beginning and ending date and get data in that range.
    Now I have a report that says =DSum("[field]","qry:ABC") and when I run it, I'm not being asked for the date, I just get an error.... Hmmm

i don't use parameter queries. you can achieve the same result with a regular query and a simple pop-up form with the advantage that you get the chance to check the user's input before launching your query.

domain aggregates have an optional WHERE clause: generate the where from the user's input on the form and dsum(field, table, where)

izy