Thread: Reference book

Unanswered: Reference book

I would like to find an Access 2000 book that also covers the VB interface and some of the many ways to use the different libraries and the commands that they contain. Can anyone recommend a book for me? Thanks.

- jc -

Re: Reference book

I think "Access 2000 Programming" by a whole bunch of authors, Wrox Press, is an excellent choice. I use it frequently to start off or read up on a specific subject. In fact, I had it lying open on my desk while I read your post... Don't know if it's still available, you'll have to check www.wrox.com.

The book doesn't contain a section about basic VBA principles, e.g. how to use If..Then..Else, nor does it waste space on discussing all the features of Access.

Ad Dieleman.

one of my favorites is Alison Balter: Mastering Access Development. i still regularly use an old a95 version but an a2k version exists:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...tomi-bkasin-20

izy

Originally posted by Ad Dieleman
    I think "Access 2000 Programming" by a whole bunch of authors, Wrox Press, is an excellent choice. I use it frequently to start off or read up on a specific subject. In fact, I had it lying open on my desk while I read your post... Don't know if it's still available, you'll have to check www.wrox.com.

The book doesn't contain a section about basic VBA principles, e.g. how to use If..Then..Else, nor does it waste space on discussing all the features of Access.

Ad Dieleman.
    Thanks for the reply... I am most interested in the use of the different libraries, what commands are available in which library. I tried to use code posted to me and could not get it to work until I had the right library registered. Does this book describe the commands available in the libraries?
    - jc -

Sorry, no, it doesn't. Interesting question, right at this moment I wouldn't know a method to find out.

Ad Dieleman.

Originally posted by asinarrgh
    Thanks for the reply... I am most interested in the use of the different libraries, what commands are available in which library. I tried to use code posted to me and could not get it to work until I had the right library registered. Does this book describe the commands available in the libraries?
    - jc -