Red face Unanswered: unpredictable behavior of FTP Component in DTS Package

Hi

Iam using FTP Component in DTS Package.

From a FTP server i was downloading a file using FTP Component. After downloading had completed it automatically deleteing the downloaded file.
    I had setup source and destination locations properly and it was working fine for 1 month or so. Recently when testing again it started giving this problem.
    Can anyone tell me what was the problem with it..!! Do tell me whether i need to configure anything..

Thank You.
    Sunil.

Anyone know where I can find information on ways to use DTS to ftp files?

No idea on your DTS problem. But an alternative is using a stored procedure.

There are a couple of scripts here http://www.nigelrivett.net/ that I borrowed that work well for FTP Put and verification. They can be easily modified for an FTP Get.

There are also multiple techniques for moving and verifying large files that have been adopted by the warez community that are useful. Check out RAR and SFV processes. I haven't actually scripted these yet, but I'm seriously considering it.
    Howard Nugent
    Sr. Business Application Analyst

Re: unpredictable behavior of FTP Component in DTS Package

Hi Sunil,
    Don't know if I can be much help with your problem but I did notice this post when I was looking at similar problems earlier today.

http://dbforums.com/arch/227/2004/2/800638

The guys suggest a bug in earlier service packs for SQL Server could result in the final file of an ftp download session being deleted. Have a read of the post. Perhaps a service pack upgrade might help you?

Good luck,
    Mart

Originally posted by sunilroyb
    Hi

From a FTP server i was downloading a file using FTP Component. After downloading had completed it automatically deleteing the downloaded file.
    I had setup source and destination locations properly and it was working fine for 1 month or so. Recently when testing again it started giving this problem.
    Can anyone tell me what was the problem with it..!! Do tell me whether i need to configure anything..

Thank You.
    Sunil.