Exclamation Unanswered: Oracle DB configuration assistance error

HI,

I am a new person in the Oracle DB environment,,,my problem is that i tried to install the Enterprise oracle server on a W2K server OS. on a P4 high performance PC. it did not install untill i renamed the file [symcjit.dll]... now after i did the installation some functions are not working properly like [ Data Base configuration Assistance , DBA studio ] also i can't create my data base or doing any configuration !!!

please tell me what do u sugguest as a solution for this problem...????

Re: Oracle DB configuration assistance error

Originally posted by basim
    HI,

I am a new person in the Oracle DB environment,,,my problem is that i tried to install the Enterprise oracle server on a W2K server OS. on a P4 high performance PC. it did not install untill i renamed the file [symcjit.dll]... now after i did the installation some functions are not working properly like [ Data Base configuration Assistance , DBA studio ] also i can't create my data base or doing any configuration !!!

please tell me what do u sugguest as a solution for this problem...????
    Hi,
    Even i faced the same problem,
    Check with the attached file below.
    It worked for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    nn

thanks noviceNO1

but should i only replace the file i renamed befor installing the oracle with this one.

or

should i befor installing the Enterprise oracle replace the one i got from u with the one available on the oracle installer,

or

replace it from the directory where i installed oracle 8i after installing.

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
    BEST REGARDS
    BASIM

The complete procedure for fixing the JRE on Pentium 4 problem - Here (scroll to the bottom

Oracle stores the JRE binaries and classes in C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\... directories. Every time you request Oracle GUI which uses JRE to be run, the JREW.exe is executed from this location. So how do you think, where should you place the *.dll ???

If you think - C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\bin , then that's the correct answer !!!

Hope that helps,

clio_usa - OCP - DBA