Cool Unanswered: IDS 9.21 slow connectivity

Hello

I've installed IDS 9.21 on windows advance server on two machine with same specification and on same environment.

I'm facing very starnge problem that is one of the response very slow via application/dbaccess.

Respose slow only once when application/dbaccess connecting with server after that it is normal.

Can any one figure out what is the reason?

wicky

How about the ilogin demo?
    Do you try to logon from one machine to the other? Did you create a hosts.equiv file in c:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc with the corresponding ip/host addresses in?
    rws

Cool

The problem is that Server A connection establish faster than B by client application.
    We have checked this thorough different client application including dbaccess, which is running on client machine.

These are two different A and B db servers on LAN with same spec.
    There are client applications that are connecting them remotely on LAN.
    Client application could be even dbaccess, it is not necessary that only server are communicate each other there are some client machine on which Win98/XP/2000 installed.

wicky

Are your sqlhosts files the same on both ?

name resolve

I think this is because you don't configure the name lookup rightly in the windwos 2000 server.
    I have the same experience ,and after I configurated the hosts file ,the problem was solved.