Unanswered: Recordcount Anomaly

I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what.

I am using Acc97.

This sql statement when used to produce a recordset gives me 2 records but when used in a query design grid it produces 1

"SELECT T.* FROM tblCMCarePlanST AS T WHERE [CareSTOutID] = 2 AND [CarePSOID]='106163BC' AND CPLTID = 10000090 AND IsNull([CareSTCompleted])"

The expected result is 1 and when I loop through the recordset and debug print all the field values they are exactly the same in other words both records match.

There is only 1 matching record in the table and both the recordset and query produce this record but the recordset produces it twice.

Anyone have any ideas?

Charles

Re: Recordcount Anomaly

hello
    you could cheat and add DISTINCT

"SELECT DISTINCT T.* FROM tblCMCarePlanST AS T WHERE [CareSTOutID] = 2 AND [CarePSOID]='106163BC' AND CPLTID = 10000090 AND IsNull([CareSTCompleted])"

this will only return one of the duplicate records.
    Sent By Royal Mail

Re: Recordcount Anomaly

Originally posted by colonelquinn
    hello
    you could cheat and add DISTINCT

"SELECT DISTINCT T.* FROM tblCMCarePlanST AS T WHERE [CareSTOutID] = 2 AND [CarePSOID]='106163BC' AND CPLTID = 10000090 AND IsNull([CareSTCompleted])"

this will only return one of the duplicate records.
    Thanks, but I really don't want to work around it. I know I am doing something wrong, or at least I think I am, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Charles

Long shot.. ignore if it sounds silly:

"SELECT DISTINCT T.* FROM tblCMCarePlanST AS T WHERE ([CareSTOutID] = 2) AND ([CarePSOID]='106163BC') AND (CPLTID = 10000090) AND (IsNull([CareSTCompleted]))"