Unanswered: Does DB2 V7.2 Support WinXP

I am trying to install DB2 EE V7.2 under WinXP and was not able to install. Does DB2 EE V7.2 support WinXP? Also, how about DB2 V8.1? Any edition of DB2 support WinXP? Thanks!

Re: Does DB2 V7.2 Support WinXP

From what I remember, EE will not run on XP , be it 7.2 or 8.1(ESE)

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by dbques
    I am trying to install DB2 EE V7.2 under WinXP and was not able to install. Does DB2 EE V7.2 support WinXP? Also, how about DB2 V8.1? Any edition of DB2 support WinXP? Thanks!

I have winodws XP Professional and everything works. I had v7.2 and just last week installed V8 ESE, created partitions and it seems to be normal. So I will say YES to your query....

dollar

Check the 'official' support ...

Regarding XP Support for DB2 V8, the URL
    http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/sysreqs.html

says

"
    Windows NT Workstation, Windows XP Professional, and
    Windows 2000 Professional can be used for test &
    development purposes only.

"

This, I believe, is because of the single user licensing of these Desktop Operating Systems. If this assumption is right, then it should hold good for V7 also.

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by dollar489
    I have winodws XP Professional and everything works. I had v7.2 and just last week installed V8 ESE, created partitions and it seems to be normal. So I will say YES to your query....

dollar

I have WinXP Home Edition and have installed DB2 UDB EE V7.2 and it seems to be ok!!! Working fine!

thnx