Question Unanswered: Form sizes when running under Citrix

I have an access database that runs on our NT Network.

The company has now moved on to Citrix, as a thin client.

Unfortunately the users choose different window sizes and I now have to try and cater for this in the application.

Access doesn't redimension form/control/font sizes etc. depending on the window size, which means that users have to use the scroll bars on larger forms, to move around.

Is there a way of checking the Citrix window size, so that I can set the form and control properties to fit in the window?

Any other info regarding Citrix/Access is welcome.

Cheers in advance.

There are third-party form scaling solutions available that might help:

A shareware version of a form rescaling module I wrote called ShrinkerStretcher is available at this web site:

FMS has a sizer module at

The Access Developer's Handbook has form resizing code included:

For more informmation, there are some great articles about form scaling in the December 2000, and May 2001 SmartAccess newsletter. Check it out here:

Hope this helps,

Peter De Baets
    Peter's Software - MS Access Tools for Developers
    Peter De Baets
    Peter's Software - Microsoft Access Tools for Developers

Thumbs up

Thank's Peter, I'll chase up those links. I did manage to find out how to check the Citrix window size and I'm planning to re-scale based on that.

I did find a shareware product, ADHResize2K.mde, that is supposed to re-size everything automatically on load. It works fine for some of the items like the menu, but doesn't handle subforms very well, or anything "out of the ordinary" like listviews within a tabbed control.