Thread: Silencing iSQL

Unanswered: Silencing iSQL

Hi All

Apologies in advance is this is a stupid newbie question answered in some FAQ that has so far eluded me. I have done searches but to no avail.

I'm using an update cursor within a stored procedure to assign each row of a table a serial and random number. While running the procedure, iSQL is spitting out the values for each row as it is updated. I'm sure this is impacting on the procedure's performance. How do I tell iSQL to shut up until the procedure is finished?

TIA

Simon

Re: Silencing iSQL

Is it the number of rows updated that is getting spit out or perhaps is it a select statement without variable assignment taht may be spitting these messages out?

Originally posted by robgee
    Is it the number of rows updated that is getting spit out or perhaps is it a select statement without variable assignment taht may be spitting these messages out?
    Thanks robgee, you're spot on. I wasn't interested in the values of the fields before the update so was just doing a 'fetch cursor_name'. I'm now assigning the values to some internal variables and it's all gone quiet.

Thanks again

Simon

Glad to be of help.

Rob