Red face Unanswered: ASE connection with ODBC

Hi everyone,

I try to connect to ASE 11.9.2 on Unix from a Windows2000 server via an ASP page (IIS .
    My ODBC connection is OK (from the ODBC Administration console, I select my connection, click on "check connection", enter my login -> connection established)
    My connection string is :
    set objconn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.connection")
    objconn.open "DSN=ecs;UID=usertest;PWD=usertest;"

When i execute my asp page, i get this message :

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
    Le pilote spécifié n'a pas été chargé en raison de l'erreur système 5 (Sybase ASE ODBC Driver).

Anyone got an idea ?

Thank you

PS : My ODBC drivers for Sybase are those installed with ASE 12.5

Re: ASE connection with ODBC

I would check with Sybase if the 12.5 ODBC Drivers are compatible with the ASE 11.9.2 version. I would of checked for you, however, the sybase website seems to be down. Check with them later of call them up.

Unhappy Re: ASE connection with ODBC

Originally posted by robgee
    I would check with Sybase if the 12.5 ODBC Drivers are compatible with the ASE 11.9.2 version. I would of checked for you, however, the sybase website seems to be down. Check with them later of call them up.
    Thank you, but i've just made a test with an ASE 12.5 on Windows2000, and i get the same messaeg. I tried another connection way :
    objconn.open "Driver={SYBASE ASE ODBC Driver};Srvr=158.156.67.59,8760;Uid=user;Pwd=passw d"
    But once again, the same message

I don't understand. Maybe it's a problem with IIS ?

Re: ASE connection with ODBC

I've looked around on Sybase's site. I didn't see any closed cases similar to yours. I've also been trying to find some documentation with respects to a certification between ase/odbc but I haven't been successful.

The messages you posted are in French. Perhaps if it were in English, I perhaps would be pointed in the right direction.

I would open a case with Sybase if you haven't done so yet.