Unanswered: Data warehouse control center logon fails

Hello !

I made one of the database TBC_MD as a data warehouse control database and when i try to log on to data warehouse comtrol center using the id and password i used to make TBC_MD a data warehouse control database and getting this error

DWC06118E Your logon attempt to the warehouse server failed.
    Connection refused
    RC = 6118 RC2 = 0

I am stuck in this for more than a week. I would really appreciate if any one can help me out

I am working on IBM DB2 7.2 in windows XP environment

thanks

sivaraj

Hi.

You need to start the warehouse server and logger processes by starting the console "Warehouse Control Database Management" (from the start menu or db2wcdbm.bat

Once the processes are up and running you can use the Data Warehouse Center in the way you described.

Regards
    /Daniel

Thumbs up

Hi,

Thanks a lot buddy ! It worked perfectly. You saved a lot of time for me.
    I also have another question. is it necessary that the user name i create when i make a database a datawarehouse control database to be same as user name i use to log on to my control center ?

once again thank you
    Regards
    sivaraj

Originally posted by dbl
    Hi.

You need to start the warehouse server and logger processes by starting the console "Warehouse Control Database Management" (from the start menu or db2wcdbm.bat

Once the processes are up and running you can use the Data Warehouse Center in the way you described.

Regards
    /Daniel

Hi, glad I could help.

To answer your other question:
    No, the Datawarehouse Center has its own user management functions, separate from DB2 and the OS. Under "Administration" in the DW Center you can administer users and security groups that will get access to the DW Center.

Regards
    /Daniel

Hi,

Thanks dude...

bye
    sivaraj

Originally posted by dbl
    Hi, glad I could help.

To answer your other question:
    No, the Datawarehouse Center has its own user management functions, separate from DB2 and the OS. Under "Administration" in the DW Center you can administer users and security groups that will get access to the DW Center.

Regards
    /Daniel