Unanswered: Accessing two seperate Access MDB's each with own System.MDW WorkGroup File

I am building a VB6 (uses DAO) App and it needs to access two seperate Access MDB's each with their own System.MDW work group file.

I can specify one with DbEngine.SystemDB but after the DbEngine has fired up it seems to take no notice if I later try and set a new SystemDB.

I tried creating a new instance of DbEngine, i.e. Set dbEngine2 = New DbEngine. VB let me do this but the new instance just seems to be reference to the original DbEngine.

I wondered if I could embed the Path to the System.MDW into the connection string that is passed to the OpenDataBase command but do not know and can not find the syntax that would be required?

Any advice would be very greatly appreciated.

Vienna, VA
    Using ADO:

strConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=property;Password=password;" _
    & "Data Source=" & Me.txtFileName & ";Persist Security Info=False;" _
    & "Jet OLEDBystem database=\\Oigwash02\Property\Oig Property Mgmt System\Property.mdw"

Just point to the correct path for the system.mdw file.

Hope this helps

Thanks Leah,

I was using DAO which having searched through the help files only seems to let you have one instance of dbengine with the path to the Jet system file set before the dbengine initialises.

Switched to ADO now and all is fine.

Thanks again for your speedy reply.