VB5 linking to an Access database

Hi

im pretty new to VB programing and im trying to link a VB project to an access database.

I have an access database holding all the required fields with data that i need. instead of having to input all this data again into the VB project im working on id like the VB project to get this data directly from the access database. im working with list boxes and text boxes mainly in that where the click of a command button in the VB project will get the relevant field from the access data base and accordingly edit the text within the text box of the VB project.

like i said im pretty new to VB so any advice would be of great help and much appreciated.

thanks

what exactly are you needing? the connectionString to connect the application to the database?

i simply have an acess97 database holding all my data with fields such as name, surname, dob, location etc and im wanting for the vb project (which will have text boxes with the same field names as in name, surname, dob etc) to get the data from the access database. instead of inputting all the data into the vb project manually i was hoping i could link the access database to the vb project?

im not exactly sure what you mean by connection string, im assuming the code required to link the two together?

I have attached a file that will give you some examples of how to connect the VB app to the database. Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files