Thread: Confusion !!

Unanswered: Confusion !!

Hi every one,

I am trying to migrate my current CRM from access to sql server.
    The problem is that I don't know whether to use Access Projects or use and ODBC connection from access to SQL.

If I use access projects then I don't have the functionalities that access provides like the Expresion Builder in forms and queries.
    On the other hand if I simply use ODBC I will have compatibility problems for the different syntax and security features.

Also when I tried to upsize using the wizard I got a lot of errors regarding my queries and other stuff.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

if you have Access2000 it's better (I guess) to stay with ODBC. AccessXP gives you more power - you can link external tables for example.

Generally say Access Project has lot of limitations, on the other side when you create client-server app, you should really follow these limitations anyway.

With ODBC you really should unbound all your forms and load only what you really need. I was creating one app and I was testing it using VPN over modem......

as I said Access2k is still very young for Access Project..... it has too many limitations.

jiri

I have Access XP.
    I tried ODBC and I think it will be slow. I think I'm going to use Projects since I realized I can still have some of the functionalities that I had in access like instead of [Forms!].frmContact.FName I can use somthing like @fomrs.frm... for queries and list boxes.

What do you think. (Remember that I'll be using Access XP and SQL Server 2000).

Thanks

Originally posted by playernovis
    if you have Access2000 it's better (I guess) to stay with ODBC. AccessXP gives you more power - you can link external tables for example.

Generally say Access Project has lot of limitations, on the other side when you create client-server app, you should really follow these limitations anyway.

With ODBC you really should unbound all your forms and load only what you really need. I was creating one app and I was testing it using VPN over modem......

as I said Access2k is still very young for Access Project..... it has too many limitations.

jiri