Question Unanswered: Transferring MSDE database to SQL Server 7

Hi
    I am developing a client server application using MSDE 2000 and a Microsoft Access 2000 Project. It is going to end up running on SQL Server 2000. However I can't seem to be able to get a backup of the database structure in order to transfer it to the server ( I am developing it on my laptop.) I have tried using the backup database utility in the Access Project but it says that it needs to be connected to a proper SQL Server database. Can anyone help please?

Re: Transferring MSDE database to SQL Server 7

RE:
    Q1 I can't seem to be able to get a backup of the database structure in order to transfer it to the server. Can anyone help please?
    A1 If the objective is Backup an MSDE DB --> Restore to an MS Sql Server DB; then a simple backup (from QA, or probably as a pass through query) should work fine. For example:

Backup Database
    [Pubs]
    To
    Disk = 'c:\Pubsdump.Bak'
    With
    Init, Name = 'pubs Backup',
    Skip, Stats = 1,
    Description = 'pubsbackup', Format,
    Medianame = 'pubsbackupdump',
    Mediadescription = 'pubsbackupdump'

Smile MSDE to TRANSACT SQL SCRIPTS

Thanks - is there any way of extracting the definition of the database in Transact SQL form?

Use QA, EM or SQL Distributed Management Objects (SQL-DMO).

For example QA:
    In Object browser right click on your database and select script to clipboard as create. Now is your clipboard filled with basic database definition.

Re: MSDE to TRANSACT SQL SCRIPTS

RE:
    Thanks -
    Q1 Is there any way of extracting the definition of the database in Transact SQL form?
    A1 Yes. (Ispaleny is correct.)

You may wish to consider examining / adjusting scripting options.

Scripting options may be set to include (or exclude) certain clauses, statements, etc., etc., etc.. Doing so may save considerable script editing time / effort by providing control over what is / is not included in scripted output e.g.(ON filegroup clauses, declarative referential integrity constraints, identity property including seed / increment, extended properties, conditional existence / removal statements, etc.). For example:

In QA (Tools-->Options: Script Tab), it may be easiest to script some sample ddl to new windows until the scripting options are set to meet current requirements.

Question Extract Transact SQL database definition without SQL Client Tools

Unfortunately this requires SQL Server client tools which I don't have a license for. Is there any way of doing this using OSQL?

Search i-net for free tools using SQL-DMO.
    I found http://www.sourcecode4free.com/Files/filepage929.asp (not tested)