Unanswered: Migration Oracle forms 5 to 6

Greetings,

I have been asked to migrate a forms 5 application to forms 6. Does anyone have any information that can help me on this? Are there any major differences between version 5 and 6? Would you be able to refer me to some white papers, web sites, or books in this regard? Your help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

SM

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Migration Oracle forms 5 to 6

Originally posted by samira
    Greetings,

I have been asked to migrate a forms 5 application to forms 6. Does anyone have any information that can help me on this? Are there any major differences between version 5 and 6? Would you be able to refer me to some white papers, web sites, or books in this regard? Your help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

SM
    You may find something in this area:
    http://otn.oracle.com/products/forms/techlisting.html

You could also look at the "New Features" section of the online help.

I would say (from memory) that, apart from a few new features, there is little difference between Forms versions 5 and 6. I would expect any forms built with Forms v5 to work under v6 without any problems.

Thumbs up Re: Migration Oracle forms 5 to 6

Hi,

We have a Tool which migrates Oracle Forms older version to 9i

contact for details

support@wayne-burt.com

or visit http://www.wayne-burt.com

Aslam

Originally posted by samira
    Greetings,

Many thanks in advance,

SM
    Aslam Khan