Red face Unanswered: probably an easy answer here

My family has a small business that travels to grade schools, so I thought I'd try my hand at creating a little database to keep them organized. Iíve hit one major wall that I could use some tips on.

Iím trying to get it setup so that I have a table with school information and a table with each contract associated to the appropriate school. What I canít figure out how to do is to get the school id number to automatically assign to the contract information. Will I have to use some VB code, or can I use some option in Access? Do I do it in the table properties, or would I make the field assignment using a form? I realize this could be a labor intensive explanation. Even just a point in the right direction and a few key words to research would help greatly. Iíve spent 7 or 8 hours looking through books and thatís led to nothing but 7 or 8 hours of frustration.

Thanks for any help.
    darkenedforest

Re: probably an easy answer here

Create a form based on on SCHOOL and the place a subform based on CONTRACT in it. The form will auto assign the number to CONTRACT based on the link field.