Thumbs up Unanswered: How to export DB2 OLAP Cube or Metaoutline to a different server

Hi Friends,

I created a cube using DB2 OLAP Model & Metaoutline. It is working fine. Now I want to export this cube to different server. How to export this cube. Shall I export only cube or metaoutline. Is there any utiltiy which provides exporting and importing.

If any one knows pls let me know.

Re: How to export DB2 OLAP Cube or Metaoutline to a different server

Hi,

Export model, then metaoutline to XML format. Then manualy change XML file (modelname, metaoutline name).

Import model, then metaouline from XML on diferent server.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Originally posted by jsudheerrao
    Hi Friends,

I created a cube using DB2 OLAP Model & Metaoutline. It is working fine. Now I want to export this cube to different server. How to export this cube. Shall I export only cube or metaoutline. Is there any utiltiy which provides exporting and importing.

If any one knows pls let me know.

Thumbs up Re: How to export DB2 OLAP Cube or Metaoutline to a different server

Hi,

I'm using "IBM DB2 OLAP Integration Server Version 7.1" and "Hyperion Essbase Application Manager Version 6.0".

No interface provided by DB2 OLAP Integration Server to Export or Import. Using Essbase Application Manager it is possible to export only Outline. I exported the Outline. When I tried to import, it is not importing the Outline.

Can you tell me how to export to XML file. Is there any utility to export and import.

Originally posted by grofaty
    Hi,

Export model, then metaoutline to XML format. Then manualy change XML file (modelname, metaoutline name).

Import model, then metaouline from XML on diferent server.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Hi,

In Integration server use menu file | XML import/export

hope this helps,
    grofaty

Hi,

I'm using "IBM DB2 OLAP Integration Server Version 7.1" and "Hyperion Essbase Application Manager Version 6.0".

No interface provided by DB2 OLAP Integration Server to Export or Import. Using Essbase Application Manager it is possible to export only Outline. I exported the Outline. When I tried to import, it is not importing the Outline.

Can you tell me how to export to XML file. Is there any utility to export and import.

Thumbs up Re: How to export DB2 OLAP Cube or Metaoutline to a different server

Hi grofaty,

I'm using "IBM DB2 OLAP Integration Server Version 7.1".
    In Integration server "menu file | XML import/export" option is not available. Is there any other option.

Thanks
    Sudheer

Hi,

I am using IBM DB2 OLAP Integration Server Version 7.1 and XML import/export option is available.

But it is posible, that XML import/export option is available with some fixpack. IBM does this a lot with OLAP IS. I have installed fixpack 7.

Look at the below web site form more details. Fixpack 10 is available from december 2002.

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/d....html#olap71wk

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Hi grofaty,

I'm using "IBM DB2 OLAP Integration Server Version 7.1".
    In Integration server "menu file | XML import/export" option is not available. Is there any other option.

Thanks
    Sudheer