Thread: Ase 11.0.33

Unanswered: Ase 11.0.33

When i startserver , appears this message:

"Space available in the log segment has fallen critically low in database 'Mydatabase'. All future modifications to this database will be aborted until the log is successfully dumped and space becomes available.

Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'Mydatabase' because the 'logsegment' segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment.
    00:2003/02/03 10:56:16.78 server Unable to write CHECKPOINT record in database 14 because the log is out of space."

However the engine, startup.

I have execute dump tansaction and checkpoint, but the problem presist.
    Have you have, some solution?

Re: Ase 11.0.33

Are you executing a backup dump procedure to tape? If not, then create one that executes the dump daily. Try the following command:

dump transaction mydatabase with no_log

Then increase the space allocated for the transaction log either through the command line or sql central.

Originally posted by ELizazevedo
    When i startserver , appears this message:

"Space available in the log segment has fallen critically low in database 'Mydatabase'. All future modifications to this database will be aborted until the log is successfully dumped and space becomes available.

Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'Mydatabase' because the 'logsegment' segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment.
    00:2003/02/03 10:56:16.78 server Unable to write CHECKPOINT record in database 14 because the log is out of space."

However the engine, startup.

I have execute dump tansaction and checkpoint, but the problem presist.
    Have you have, some solution?