Unanswered: Installing MSDE SP3 to Win98 causes an error.

Ok I have an MSI file that installs an instance of the MSDE. I recently updated my install to used the SP3 MSMs of the MSDE. I have the installation working correctly on XP. However it fails rather quickly on install to Win98. I will paste the log file of the failure below.

To create the installation I used the VisualStudio installer. Afte the installtion I use ORCA and edit the MSI with the following values in the property table.

ProductLanguage = 1033
    SqlBlankPwd = 1
    SqlSecurityMode = SQL

No special actions are being used by my installer. Yet according to MS the reason for my error is that I am using a special action with a non-c++ dll (KB Article) . I am guessing that this is something that MS is doing. Has anyone else gotten a successful install of SP3 onto Win98? Any info would be helpful.

Mike Villaronga
    mike_villaronga@yahoo.com

LogFile:

Internal Error 2737. StreamSupportFiles.2D02443E_7002_4C0B_ABC9_EAB2C06 4397B, C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\MSI60B6.TMP, StreamSupportFiles
    === Logging stopped: 2/3/03 10:06:17 ===
    Last edited by mvillaronga; 02-03-03 at 14:30.

Re: Installing MSDE SP3 to Win98 causes an error.

I have not gotten SP3 to install on win98. I have tried to do it manually as well as from an install shield application. I get an error message that there is a dll missing. It doesn't specify which dll or give any kind of clue.

[SIZE=1]Originally posted by mvillaronga
    Ok I have an MSI file that installs an instance of the MSDE. I recently updated my install to used the SP3 MSMs of the MSDE. I have the installation working correctly on XP. However it fails rather quickly on install to Win98. I will paste the log file of the failure below.

I am guessing that this is something that MS is doing. Has anyone else gotten a successful install of SP3 onto Win98? Any info would be helpful.