Hello,
i have installed an MSDE 2.0 from Commandline on a non existing networkshare with the following command:

START /WAIT MSIEXEC.EXE /i "SqlRun01.msi" SECURITYMODE=SQL COLLATION="Latin1_General_CI_AS"

This works perfect.
Now i wont to install the Patch SP3, so i had put sqlrun.cab and sqlrun01.msi and sqlrun01p.msp ion a separate folder and wont to start patch with the following command line:

START /WAIT MSIEXEC.EXE REINSTALL=all REINSTALLMODE=vomus UGRADEWITHRECACHE=TRUE /qf BLANKSAPWD=1 /p "sqlrun01p.msp" /l*v setup.txt

This works, but it prompts for the old file sqlrun01.msi on the non existing networkshare. if i press "searchbutton" and point to my new tempfolder wher all above files exist the installation works.

Bur for my user i wont to bypass that dialogbox.

Is there any other possibility (without using setup,.exe) to make thsi without such a box, if the network share dows not exist ?

The following command seems to start correct working, but failed at end:

START /WAIT MSIEXEC.EXE REINSTALL=all REINSTALLMODE=vomus UGRADEWITHRECACHE=TRUE /qf BLANKSAPWD=1 /p "sqlrun01p.msp" /a "sqlrun01.msi" /l*v setup.txt

This starts, creates a lot of folders under my temp, it didnot ask for the non existing networkshare, but after creating some subfolders and copieing some files, the install stops and the old sql version is still on the system.

Any ideas?