hai
Our setup is
1 HEAD OFFICE + 15 LOCATIONS. IN ALL THE 15 LOCATIONS ORACLE 8.0.3 IS RUNNING IN SERVER ON NOVELL NETWARE AND CLIENT 7.3 ON WINDOWS95. EACH LOCATION HAS ONE ORACLE USER [ SAME USER NAME ].
I Am receiving oracle dumps from 15 locations every month. AT H.O. I have created different users [LOC1,LOC2....LOC15] for H.O database and imports each dump ONE BY ONE FOR EACH USER.

At H.O. our server HD is divided into 8 parts viz. SYS,VOL1....VOL7. HDD capacity all put together is 60 GB with 256MB RAM.

In each location we have more than 300 + tables. In this 6 tables are very huge i.e., 40 lacs records with minimum 6 indexes for each tables.

Oracle DB is in VOL2 AND FEW DATAFILES ARE KEPT IN VOL3 & VOL5 WITH AUTOEXTENDS ON. INDEXES ARE KEPT IN A SEPARATE TABLESPACE 'INDEX' IN VOL5.

THE DUMP SIZE FROM LOC1,LOC2...LOC15 IS AROUND 3GB EACH.

MY QUESTIONS ARE:
1. what is minextents,maxextents,pctincrease,etc. attached to each
table creation in the dump?
2. Last month i have imported some of the dumps into my database.
Each month I drop all the tables and import afresh. Why the vol2 /
vol3 / vol4 /vol5 size will not come down even after droping tables
under each users. ?
3. Whether I can import all the dump in the above server at H.O.?

4. Every month thru odbc i log into to ORACLE DB with different users to
access respective DB information.

Is this O.K? Is there any different way? My questions may be very silly. This is because I have recently joined ORACLE team. Previously I was woking in DOS O/S. There if i delete one file I used to get that much space. In ORACLE what exactly is the concept? If you want more information please mail me. Please guide me.

with regards
vijay