Question Unanswered: DB2 Dprop errors

On DB2 V7 running on AIX, after enabling data propagation between replicaSource and replicaCopy for a set with tables containing UDT's, I encounter a -206 error. However this is not the case with the userCopies. Have tried various approaches to fixing this problem. Any inputs would be very much appreciated. thnx.

Hey Gokul,

I have worked a lot on Db2 Replication on AIX, but i am not able to get the exact error. Can you elaborate the error a bit.

cheers,
    Prashant

Hi Prashant: thanks for your response. I have a table containing couple of UDT's for which I installed the replicaSource, replicaCopy and UserCopy. I see the following in ApplyTrail.

ASN1001E: The Apply program encountered an SQL error. ERRCODE is 790102, SQLSTATE is 42703, SQLCODE is -206, SQLERRM is ATTGLOB .CIS128, SQLERRP is SQLNQ074, server name is SERVERNAME, table name is TABLENAME.

CIS128 (defined as varchar 128) is the UDT defined to ignore case and abstract data/make rule rigid for types ( strong type data ). I do not see this error on the UserCopy... just the ReplicaCopy.

Let me know if you need anything specific. thnx

Hey Gokul,

Analising the error -206 you can get a hint of what´s going wrong. This error is raised when you give an incorrect object name for a statement. As you´re using replication, take a look at the replication´s definition and check if all names given, for tables, columns.. match exactly the objects in the source, control and target databases.

HTH,
    Fernando

Originally posted by hello2u
    Hi Prashant: thanks for your response. I have a table containing couple of UDT's for which I installed the replicaSource, replicaCopy and UserCopy. I see the following in ApplyTrail.

ASN1001E: The Apply program encountered an SQL error. ERRCODE is 790102, SQLSTATE is 42703, SQLCODE is -206, SQLERRM is ATTGLOB .CIS128, SQLERRP is SQLNQ074, server name is SERVERNAME, table name is TABLENAME.

CIS128 (defined as varchar 128) is the UDT defined to ignore case and abstract data/make rule rigid for types ( strong type data ). I do not see this error on the UserCopy... just the ReplicaCopy.

Let me know if you need anything specific. thnx