Thread: Erase Disk

Unanswered: Erase Disk

Is there any way to have Access 2000 erase a disk? I can do it through a button or would like to also try doing it on something else. I have a module that runs and imports a txt file from a disk and puts it in a table. I would like to wipe out the disk once the tabel has been uploaded. Sometimes the person who gives me the disk may have put other files on there so I want it to delete everything.

The file I am given is the same name everyday. I dont want to risk them not saving the data and seeing the old file on there and think it is the new one. I would like Access to simply format the disk once it is done uploading the data.

The problem is taht i am about to hand this database over to the people who give me the disk. I dont want to risk them using the old file obne day. I want to ensure when they go to upload the data, they arent using an old file. If I could have access format the disk once they upload the data, I wont have to worry about that.

cleaning disks after use

Shell "c:\winnt\system32\format.com a:", vbNormalFocus

it prompts the user for the disk. Will that do? There's probably an option for not prompting. If there's not you could write a loop to get the name of each directory and delete them one by one. Not quite formatted but as good as.

will that do?
    J.

It works but I would rather erase the disk than format it. It would be easier and faster.

Try

Kill "A:\*.*"

Take great care with the Kill command in VBA, there is no such thing as a warning or "are you sure?"

hth

The KILL worked great. Becuase we are uploading the data and making sure its good before we erase the disk, I am ok with it. I did NOT want any warnings to appear either so it works great.

Thanks for the help.