Question Unanswered: sp3 installation issue pls help

I donwload the sp3 from the microsoft's web site as follows.
    sql2kasp3.exe

SQL2KDeskSP3.exe

sql2ksp3.exe

then I extracted the database componant in under c:\sql2ksp3
    and when I run the setup.bat I get error it does not find the file under
    X86/setup/setupsql.exe.

I checked the directory and the file is not their.

Please help.

km

Provided Answers: 11
    K
    Try deleting the SQL2KSP3 directory, and re-extracting the files. If the setup.exe file is still not there, you probably got a corrupt service pack. I have seen this happen once or twice before, and to this day, I am not sure how it happens. Normally, you can just download the affected file again. Hope this helps.
    ~Matt

Originally posted by MCrowley
    K
    Try deleting the SQL2KSP3 directory, and re-extracting the files. If the setup.exe file is still not there, you probably got a corrupt service pack. I have seen this happen once or twice before, and to this day, I am not sure how it happens. Normally, you can just download the affected file again. Hope this helps.
    ~Matt

Thanks It did work fine after the download.

KM

K
    ~Matt

KM

K
    ~Matt

KM